Stay Informed!Subscribe to information and news updates related to farming, food and health issues, click here!
“The money and political power of Wall Street has stolen America’s food system, bankrupted our farmers and ranchers, mined our soils, polluted our environment, wasted our precious water, and left us with expensive industrially produced food that makes us sick.” – Occupy Wall Street Food Day, December 2011
Mike’s Social Media
Live Twitter FeedMy Tweets
- This Cattleman's Got A Beef
Photo: Sean Cayton - 2003People producing good food from happy animals, while improving the environment, shouldn’t have to fear the government.
Photo above featured in a 2003 article: This cattleman's got a beef, Mike Callicrate and Ranch Foods Direct take on the big meat packersby Kathryn Eastburn
- BIG Food Exposed
Food Policy & LawE. Coli Confessions Part I
by John Munsell | Oct 11, 2011
Editor's Note: This is the first part in a series written by John Munsell of Miles City, MT, who explains how the small meat plant his family owned for 59 years ran afoul of USDA's meat inspection program. The events he writes about began a decade ago, but remain relevant today.
They say that confession is good for the soul. I've been involved in a series of ugly events since my plant in 2002 recalled 270 pounds of ground beef contaminated with E.coli O157:H7 and now want to admit the embarrassing truth for public review. more
- advanced meat recovery
- beef checkoff
- Big Food
- Callicrate Beef
- Callicrate Cattle Co.
- Colorado Springs
- Dudley Butler
- e. coli
- Eric Schlosser
- fast food nation
- food Inc.
- Industrial Agriculture
- meat packers
- Mike Callicrate
- Organization for Competitive Markets
- pink slime
- Ranch Foods Direct
- Rick Hughes
- Tom Vilsack
- U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance
- Vandana Shiva
Top Posts & Pages
- 9 Disappointing Facts About Chipotle
- Food Maven - A Force for Good, or a Curse?
- Vice: Meathooked and End of Water
- Building Community Around Local Food - Montana Organic Association (MOA) 2020 Conference
- Ban On Meat Packer Ownership: Too Little, Too Late
- McDonald's Angus, Mushroom & Swiss Burger - Delivering way more than meat
- Steroids – Pumping Up Beef, Athletes and Profits
- In fight against food waste, FoodMaven could do more harm than good
- Did A Packer Discriminate Against a Kansas Cattle Feeder?
- Beef's Reputation On Sale - Price Shoppers Beware!
National News Supplement
Tag Archives: Mobile meat processing
Australian Livestock producers are suffering the same devastating effects of corporate concentration, consolidation, and loss of fair, open and competitive markets that have driven families from the land in the US.
A presentation at Rocky Mountains Farmer Union in association with The Humane Society of the United States at the Meeting of the Markets Summit on October 15th 2012. 00:55 How important is a Farmer? 03:10 Changing the way we eat … Continue reading
For immediate release May 16, 2011 Ranch Foods Direct demonstrated the mobile meat processing unit last November at Venetucci Farm south of Colorado Springs. The unit received a grant of inspection from the U.S. Department of Agriculture on May 9. … Continue reading