Stay Informed!Subscribe to information and news updates related to farming, food and health issues, click here!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- This Cattleman's Got A Beef
Photo: Sean Cayton - 2003People producing good food from happy animals, while improving the environment, shouldn’t have to fear the government.
Photo above featured in a 2003 article: This cattleman's got a beef, Mike Callicrate and Ranch Foods Direct take on the big meat packers by Kathryn Eastburn
- BIG Food Exposed
- Great Ranches of the West
Purchase Great Ranches of the West for only $34.95 and $20 will go to an Organization or Project of your choice!
"An eye opening and heart touching portrait of a culture and industry that we are in great danger of losing. This book will help readers understand the urgency of preserving the Western ranchlands inhabited by families and rural communities that provide nourishing food for our nation, preserve a healthy natural environment and entrust that great American values will endure."
- Mike Callicrate
An Endangered Species
Every month 1,000 ranches go out of production. It's the national security issue that no one is talking about.
Food Policy & LawE. Coli Confessions Part I
by John Munsell | Oct 11, 2011
Editor's Note: This is the first part in a series written by John Munsell of Miles City, MT, who explains how the small meat plant his family owned for 59 years ran afoul of USDA's meat inspection program. The events he writes about began a decade ago, but remain relevant today.
They say that confession is good for the soul. I've been involved in a series of ugly events since my plant in 2002 recalled 270 pounds of ground beef contaminated with E.coli O157:H7 and now want to admit the embarrassing truth for public review. more
- advanced meat recovery
- beef checkoff
- Big Food
- Callicrate Beef
- Callicrate Cattle Co.
- Colorado Springs
- Dudley Butler
- e. coli
- Eric Schlosser
- fast food nation
- food Inc.
- Industrial Agriculture
- meat packers
- Mike Callicrate
- Organization for Competitive Markets
- pink slime
- Ranch Foods Direct
- Rick Hughes
- Tom Vilsack
- U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance
- Vandana Shiva
Top Posts & Pages
- 9 Disappointing Facts About Chipotle
- Building Food Security and Resilience in a Food Insecure World
- Beef's Reputation On Sale - Price Shoppers Beware!
- Trump is What Happens ...
- Vicious Circles - Big meat packers continue to suck the blood out of cattle industry
- Shawn Baker interview with Mike Callicrate – MeatRx Community VIP
- How Much are the Meatpackers Stealing?
- Washington is investigating the IBP meatpacking plant after a secretly shot video shows cows kicking while being butchered
- Pink Slime: Dark Side of Industrial Food System Exposed
- Testimony of Herman Schumacher, Herried, South Dakota, appearing before the Senate Agriculture Committee, June 10, 1998
National News Supplement
Tag Archives: HSUS
click to enlarge I studied Animal Science at Lamar Community College in 1972 and 1973 prior to completing my Animal Science degree at Colorado State University. A lot has changed in agriculture as Land Grant institutions have taught students that … Continue reading
Dear Mr. Newport, You claim in your editorial, “HSUS Shows Continued Pattern of Dishonest Behavior,” that you “despise liars and lying.” You go on to promote outrageous and untrue allegations about HSUS, in quoting probably the slickest purveyor of deception … Continue reading
A Restorative Approach to Family Farm Agriculture and Prosperous Rural Communities – Rural Life Day, December 2, 2013
Talk at The HSUS Annual Membership Meeting By Kevin Fulton | October 18th, 2013 Good morning! I’d like to thank The HSUS leadership for giving me this opportunity to convey my thoughts today. I’m truly honored to be a part … Continue reading