Stay Informed!Subscribe to information and news updates related to farming, food and health issues, click here!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- This Cattleman's Got A Beef
Photo: Sean Cayton - 2003People producing good food from happy animals, while improving the environment, shouldn’t have to fear the government.
Photo above featured in a 2003 article: This cattleman's got a beef, Mike Callicrate and Ranch Foods Direct take on the big meat packers by Kathryn Eastburn
- BIG Food Exposed
- Great Ranches of the West
Purchase Great Ranches of the West for only $34.95 and $20 will go to an Organization or Project of your choice!
"An eye opening and heart touching portrait of a culture and industry that we are in great danger of losing. This book will help readers understand the urgency of preserving the Western ranchlands inhabited by families and rural communities that provide nourishing food for our nation, preserve a healthy natural environment and entrust that great American values will endure."
- Mike Callicrate
An Endangered Species
Every month 1,000 ranches go out of production. It's the national security issue that no one is talking about.
Food Policy & LawE. Coli Confessions Part I
by John Munsell | Oct 11, 2011
Editor's Note: This is the first part in a series written by John Munsell of Miles City, MT, who explains how the small meat plant his family owned for 59 years ran afoul of USDA's meat inspection program. The events he writes about began a decade ago, but remain relevant today.
They say that confession is good for the soul. I've been involved in a series of ugly events since my plant in 2002 recalled 270 pounds of ground beef contaminated with E.coli O157:H7 and now want to admit the embarrassing truth for public review. more
- advanced meat recovery
- beef checkoff
- Big Food
- Callicrate Beef
- Callicrate Cattle Co.
- Colorado Springs
- Dudley Butler
- e. coli
- Eric Schlosser
- fast food nation
- food Inc.
- Industrial Agriculture
- meat packers
- Mike Callicrate
- Organization for Competitive Markets
- pink slime
- Ranch Foods Direct
- Rick Hughes
- Tom Vilsack
- U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance
- Vandana Shiva
Top Posts & Pages
- 9 Disappointing Facts About Chipotle
- Propagate: The Economic Reality of Agroecology
- Beef's Reputation On Sale - Price Shoppers Beware!
- Subscription Services
- How Mavericks Became Zombies
- Washington is investigating the IBP meatpacking plant after a secretly shot video shows cows kicking while being butchered
- Deskilling on the Disassembly Line: Technological Change and Its Consequences in Beef-Packing Since the 1960s
- Pink Slime: Dark Side of Industrial Food System Exposed
- Fed Cattle Commentary - Walt Hackney, Hackney Cattle Company
- In fight against food waste, FoodMaven could do more harm than good
National News Supplement
Tag Archives: eating is a moral act
Wednesday • April 04, 2011 Bishop Sheridan Presents on The Catholic Radio Network Mike Callicrate • “Eating is a Moral Act” [audio:http://nobullmikecall.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/BishopSheridanPresentsMikeCallicrateRFD.mp3]