This unwarranted action comes against, Mike Callicrate and A.J. Jones, two of the nation’s leading advocates of sustainable family farm agriculture. Mike and A.J. produce good food from their environmentally beneficial, humane, and sustainable farming and ranching operation. Mike is also a long-time outspoken critic of the industrial, big food cartel that continues to drive family farmers and ranchers off the land as they take more and more control of our government and our food supply.
Why have we allowed the federal government to circumvent our local and state agencies in attacking the best examples of sustainable farming and ranching while ignoring the pollution and other extremely bad actions of big industrial operations? The federal government gives permission to the blatant and massive pollution of companies like BP, Exxon Mobile, Tyson, Cargill, JBS and Smithfield, and instead, without due process, goes after environmentally friendly family farms and ranches, producing healthy local foods, like Callicrate.
ORDER: “The inspector also noted that your operation included swine and poultry and that these activities may be deemed a significant operational change requiring Kansas Department of Health and Environment approval.”
NOTE: We are checking with KDHE about the addition of swine and poultry to the operation.
8.) Production area means that part of an AFO that includes the animal confinement area, the manure storage area, the raw materials storage area, and the waste containment areas. The animal confinement area includes but is not limited to open lots, housed lots, feedlots, confinement houses, stall barns, free stall barns, milkrooms, milking centers, cowyards, barnyards, medication pens, walkers, animal walkways, and stables. The manure storage area includes but is not limited to lagoons, runoff ponds, storage sheds, stockpiles, under house or pit storages, liquid impoundments, static piles, and composting piles. The raw materials storage area includes but is not limited to feed silos, silage bunkers, and bedding materials. The waste containment area includes but is not limited to settling basins, and areas within berms and diversions which separate uncontaminated storm water. Also included in the definition of production area is any egg washing or egg processing facility, and any area used in the storage, handling, treatment, or disposal of moralities.
Important Related Information:
- 05/08/2014 – One Wyomingite KOs The EPA; Another Enters The Ring (PDF)
- EPA Complaint against Callicrate Cattle Co. (PDF)
- EPA Letter of Rights Reserved to take Enforcement Action (PDF)
- Response from Callicrate Cattle Co. receiving orders from agency
- Satellite Photos of JBS & Cargill Feedyards vs Callicrate Cattle Co.
- Obama’s campaign promises vs. results
- Chipotle debuts short film on sustainable farming – “BIG FOOD” does not want to allow.
- Robbers and Thieves by Richard Oswald – Succinct Truth about “BIG FOOD”
- EPA Declares Hay a Pollutant in Effort to Antagonize Small and Mid-Sized U.S. Cattle Feeders – R-CALF Article (PDF)
- 2003 Article: This cattleman’s got a beef …
- Iowa environmentalists threaten EPA (PDF)
- Immediate Release: “Fighting for the U.S. Cattle Producer” News Conference at Callicrate Cattle Co 09/20/2011
- Immediate Release: News Conference at Callicrate Cattle Co 09/20/2011 “…in Heartland to Highlight Injustices Against Family Farmers and Ranchers”
Your thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for your attention and support.
Callicrate Cattle Co. Photo Galleries
- 2011 Tour of Callicrate Cattle Co.
- Cattle – Winter/Spring 2011
- Chickens – Late Spring / Early Summer 2011
- General Callicrate Cattle Co. Photos
- Fuel Cafe Denver visits Callicrate Cattle Co. in support of “Know Your Rancher, Support Stewards of the Land”
“I can not believe the care in which Callicrate Cattle Co. provides the animals and the land … Thank You on behalf of my Patrons, Family and Friends” – Bob Blair, FuelCafeDenver.com
Reach out to everyone from your local sheriff, county commissioners, state and national legislators, to persons of influence. Ask them to stop this overreach and abuse of federal power that could be headed your way.