Please click here to go to News Supplement site for post and to subscribe.
Stay Informed!Subscribe to information and news updates related to farming, food and health issues, click here!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Local Food Shift Colorado
- This Cattleman's Got A Beef
Photo: Sean Cayton - 2003People producing good food from happy animals, while improving the environment, shouldn’t have to fear the government.
Photo above featured in a 2003 article: This cattleman's got a beef, Mike Callicrate and Ranch Foods Direct take on the big meat packers by Kathryn Eastburn
- BIG Food Exposed
- Great Ranches of the West
Purchase Great Ranches of the West for only $34.95 and $20 will go to an Organization or Project of your choice!
"An eye opening and heart touching portrait of a culture and industry that we are in great danger of losing. This book will help readers understand the urgency of preserving the Western ranchlands inhabited by families and rural communities that provide nourishing food for our nation, preserve a healthy natural environment and entrust that great American values will endure."
- Mike Callicrate
An Endangered Species
Every month 1,000 ranches go out of production. It's the national security issue that no one is talking about.
Food Policy & LawE. Coli Confessions Part I
by John Munsell | Oct 11, 2011
Editor's Note: This is the first part in a series written by John Munsell of Miles City, MT, who explains how the small meat plant his family owned for 59 years ran afoul of USDA's meat inspection program. The events he writes about began a decade ago, but remain relevant today.
They say that confession is good for the soul. I've been involved in a series of ugly events since my plant in 2002 recalled 270 pounds of ground beef contaminated with E.coli O157:H7 and now want to admit the embarrassing truth for public review. more
Tagsadvanced meat recovery antibiotics beef checkoff Big Food BPI Callicrate Callicrate Beef Callicrate Cattle Co. Cargill Chipotle Colorado Springs COOL Dudley Butler e. coli Eric Schlosser fast food nation food Inc. Foodopoly GIPSA HSUS IBP Industrial Agriculture JBS McDonald's meat packers Mike Callicrate Monsanto NCBA OCM Organization for Competitive Markets pink slime R-CALF Ranch Foods Direct Rick Hughes Smithfield Sodexo steroids Sysco Tom Vilsack Tyson U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance USDA Vandana Shiva Walmart zilmax
Top Posts & Pages
- Beef's Reputation On Sale - Price Shoppers Beware!
- 9 Disappointing Facts About Chipotle
- Entrepreneurship & Antitrust: A Livestock Producers Prospective
- Fed Cattle Commentary - Walt Hackney, Hackney Cattle Company
- Chipotle: Selling Idealism - Delivering the opposite
- Training a new generation of meat cutters
- Some things don’t change - Money, power and greed lead to corruption
- Big packers are gansters, thugs and thieves
- Edible Education 103: The Politics and Economics of Meat by Mike Callicrate and Bob Martin with Michael Pollan at UC Berkeley
- Subscription Services
National News Supplement